Friday, September 10, 2010

Halloween Gourds


This is a GREAT large gourd, about 24" around, that I handsculpted a face on and what a great face it is! I also cut the back out of the gourd for candy. Around the opening on the back I added some more sculpted clay. The stem had broken off the gourd so I sculpted him a new one, added a tag made out of a piece of gourd and some vintage jewerly. I based the gourd in a dark orange and then dry brushed a lighter orange over the top to give him a leather apperance.








This is another round gourd that I sculped leaves and tendrils around the top. I used my dremel tool to etch around the edges of his nose, eyes and mouth. I also added a vintage bottle cap for one of his eyes. He is mounted on a vintage candle holder, around 26" tall. The candle holder has four hooks on it, I added four mummy gourds to the hooks. He also has a piece of vintage jewerly at the top of the candle holder.
Both of these gourds, plus more that I am working on, will be at the Kottage Kupboard Boutique, Weber County Fairgrounds, Sept. 29 - Oct. 1. Come on by and see how great these one of a kind gourds look in person, you will fall in love with them, I know I have!




No comments:

Post a Comment